1. Start -TF964439, at the National Trail Trust car park at the end of Greenway Lane, Stiffkey. Follow the black and white National Trail acorns from here going eastward. There is a short section of Bridleway here so you may encounter a horse.
2. Carry on past Stiffkey Greens . Stiffkey Freshes Creek on the seaward side and Stiffkey Freshes on your right , This area is favoured by families and birdwatchers alike.
Due to the encroaching tide there is a wet area on the approach to Morston, to avoid it there is a 150m detour into a field, be aware there is only a narrow gap through the fence. Continue on the gorse lined path until you reach the floodbank.
3. Take the steps over the floodbank then across the grassland strewn with boats and the tinkling of maritime paraphernalia towards the National Trust visitor centre at Morston. The path then takes the floodbank eastward towards Blakeney.
4. At Blakeney, cross the quay and up on to the floodbank towards Cley next the Sea.
5. Walk the informal steps down into Cley, take care with traffic in the village as there are no footways
Be social, share this page with: