Follow the Weavers’ Way through the beautiful Norfolk Broads from Cromer to Great Yarmouth via North Walsham. The route meanders through the countryside passing Aylsham, North Walsham, Hickling and Acle before finishing at the popular coastal resort of Great Yarmouth. Highlights on the walk include:
- Felbrigg Hall – This National Trust owned country house boasts a landscape park with a lake and 520 acres of woods.
- Blickling Hall and Estate – this National Trust owned estate is a treasure trove of romantic buildings, beautiful gardens and landscaped park.
- Hickling Broad – This National Nature Reserve is situated in the upper stretches of the River Thurne, and is the largest expanse of open water in the Broads.
- Rivers Thurne and Bure – Enjoy a long waterside stretch along these two rivers just after passing Hickling Broad
- Breydon Water – The final section runs along the River Yare and the delightful Breydon Water into Great Yarmouth. It is a nature reserve run by the RSPB and includes the Roman fort at Burgh Castle.
Be social, share this page with: