Walk Cromer are delighted to invite you to this lovely part of the world – we have boundless seas, wide open skies, clifftops, beaches, historic buildings, towns and footpaths galore!
Several National Trails pass through or link from Cromer, making us the ideal centre for a few days away on a walking holiday, and late season walking can be particularly glorious.
We are located on the very Eastern edge of Britain with good public transport links by both bus and rail – and we aim to make your visit well worthwhile.
We are inviting delegates from all accredited Walkers Are Welcome towns and villages to join us for a packed programme of interesting events around the conference weekend.
- The get-together coincides with Norfolk’s month long walking festival, so we encourage you to stay for a few days to explore the area and have a real holiday escape.
- For the weeks before and after the conference we are assembling an interesting list of recommended walks for you to enjoy, some guided and some self-guided.
- We are negotiating discount rates with local hotels and guesthouses, restaurants, cafes, attractions and car parks to make your stay both affordable and interesting.
- A special 4 day holiday has been organised to let you walk to the conference along the coastal path, overnight hotel stops & luggage transport included. (places limited)
- We have a good range of venues in Cromer for the conference, all chosen for their unique character, facilities and location. All are within easy walking distance.
- There will be display tables and space at the conference venue for you to promote your town, village or area to a wider audience.
- We will have talks, walks and films on Geology, Coastal Erosion, Norfolk Trails, Photography, Brewing, RNLI & lifeboat launch, Victorian Architecture, Town History, Our Undersea World.
- Guest speakers include:
- Gina Bradbury on filming walks for TV and The Outdoor Guide
- Norman Lamb MP: on walking for health.
- The conference has been financially supported by both our District and Town councils; don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to visit, enjoy and experience Cromer!
You can download the important information on these three files:
GET-TOGETHER WEEKEND – OUTLINE PROGRAMME
- Friday 5 – 6.30 pm: Mayor’s Welcome, drink and canapés at Tides Restaurant on Cromer Pier. (Book early if you want to see the Elvis show on the pier. Some local eateries will be offering discounts for delegates)
- Saturday 9.30am – 1pm: National Conference & AGM at North Norfolk District Council Offices.
(open from 8.30am: coffee & croissants; 12.30 buffet lunch)
- Saturday 2 – 5pm: Talks, walks, films at Cromer Community Hall in the town centre. (Town Hub for the weekend)
- Saturday 7 – 10pm: 3 course sit-down dinner with music & quiz at Cliftonville Hotel (Local produce, dietary options)
- Sunday 9am: Gather at Community Hall, 9.30 lifeboat launch (weather permitting)
- Sunday 10am – 4.30pm: Talks, films & walks programme continues from the Community Hall.
Conference Delegate fee £50: includes all elements detailed above
Guest/partner fee £30: includes Friday evening welcome & Saturday dinner.
(Guests may pay a small charge for some walks & talks)
PLEASE BOOK BEFORE 31 August (cancellations non-refundable after 31 August)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS booked before 30 June: Delegate £40 Guest £25
- We have only 100 places available, so please book early. First come, first served.
- We are still tying up the programme so details may change, we’ll keep you informed.
Details of accommodation for the weekend, with preferred rates for conference attendees is at: walkcromer.co.uk
Details of organised self-guided walks around the Cromer area for delegates who would like to spend more time in Cromer are here
Details of a 4 day walk along the stunning Coast National Trail to Cromer, ending at the conference are here
We look forward to welcoming you to CROMER for the Annual get Together 2018