Would you like to help raise funds for the British Heart Foundation?
A new BHF fundraising group has just started up in Cromer, aiming to help win the “fight for every heartbeat”.
This is the Cromer group’s first challenge … and it’s refreshing, interesting and healthy!
75 miles of walks over 4 weeks is Val Smith’s bright idea – to help celebrate her 75th birthday, and to raise funds for her favourite good cause. She has been inspired by Kieran Sandwell who is walking the coast of Britain to raise funds for the BHF. Kieran, grateful for a lifesaving heart transplant and now able to give something back, came through Cromer in February and Val accompanied him on part of his walk.
Our 75 Mile Challenge Walks range from 2 miles to 8.5 miles across countryside, along riverbanks, through woodlands, over hills, along clifftops and beaches. There will be interesting churches to visit, perhaps a nice cafe for a rest stop, and always the glorious Norfolk views to enjoy!
These are comfortable walks and start points are accessible by car or bus. They are taking place on Wednesdays and Fridays during the day and Sunday’s in the afternoon starting on July 12th. The last walk is on Friday August 11th from Salthouse church, finishing at an exhibition of paintings and films.
Hilary Cox, Chairman of Cromer Walkers are Welcome, is joining Val on all these walks along with other members of the group. “Walking is an excellent form of exercise whether it is to get fit or stay fit, it revitalises your energy levels and although sturdy shoes are required it is not an expensive pastime. We are surrounded by wide open skies, diverse countryside and extensive well maintained footpaths.
Come and join us and share the fun;
Download Sponsorship Form Here
Download Walks Schedule here
Pick up a list & sponsorship form locally from:
- Rays News @ 1 Chapel St, Merchants Place,
- Icarus Hines,
- Brownes Cafe in Bond St, or
- Henry’s Coffee Shop in Cromer, and
- The BHF Charity Shop in Sheringham.
Donate online via justgiving.com/Val’s 75 mile challenge
- Wed. July 12 Mundesley circular 6 miles via Trunch & Gimingham
8.30am start @ Mundesley TIC car park TG311365 (Sanders Bus 5)
- Fri. July 14
- 1. Trunch circular 3.5 miles via farmland & woodland
9am Start @ Trunch Crown Inn TG287348 (Sanders bus 5)
- 2. Southrepps circular 3.5 miles via common & quiet lanes
11.30am start @ Antingham St. Car park by social club TG260351 (bus 33, train to Gunton)
- Sun. July 16
- 1. Trimingham circular 2 miles via quiet Lanes, paths & tracks
4pm start @ church TG279387 (bus 5 & 35B)
- 2. Trimingham – Overstrand linear 2.5 miles via Coast Path
5pm start @ church TG279387 (bus 5 & 35B) optional return O’strand – Cromer 2miles
- Wed. July 19 Overstrand-Southrepps circular 8.5 miles via Northrepps & Southrepps,
8am start @ Car Park TG248410
- Fri. July 21 Cromer – Felbrigg circular 6 miles via parkland & farmland
8am start @ Cromer TIC TG217420
- Sun. July 23 Cromer -Happy Valley – Overstrand linear 4.5 miles via old rail route
4pm start @ North Lodge Park optional return O’strand – Cromer 2 miles
- Wed. July 26 Cromer- Sheringham linear 6 miles via Coast Path & Roman Camp
9am Start @ Cromer Pier (bus x44 & Coasthopper)
- Fri. July 28 Sheringham Park circular 5 miles via parkland, woodland & coast
9.30am start @ Sheringham Park visitor center (bus 5)
- Sun. July 30 West Runton circular 3.5 miles via Coast Path & East Runton
4pm start @ Water Lane car park TG185431 (bus 5, x44 & Coasthopper)
- Wed. Aug 2 Sheringham circular 7.5 miles
via Pretty Corner, Sher’m Park, coast path, Beeston Bump, Beeston Priory
9.30am Start @ Priory Maze car park (bus 5, x44 & Coasthopper)
- Sun. Aug 6 Weybourne circular 5 miles via Coast Path & Kelling Heath
4pm start @ beach lane car park TG110436 (Bus Coasthopper)
- Wed. Aug 9 Cley-next-Sea circular 8 miles via Glandford, Wiveton & Bayfield Estate
8am start @ Cley village hall car park (bus Coasthopper)
- Fri. Aug 11 Salthouse circular 3.5 miles via lanes, heath and tracks
10am start @ Salthouse church hall car park (bus Coasthopper)
Mileages are approximate and may vary due to conditions on the day.
Walks may change if circumstances beyond our control occur.
Anyone joining a walk does so entirely at their own risk. Challenge Supported by
CROMER BHF FUNDRAISING GROUP 01263 513820